Biosphere reserve “Pribuzhskoe Polesie” is one of three reserves of Belarus, having UNESCO diploma. Participating in UNESCO program “Man and biosphere” (MAB), the specialists of the Institution, scientists and local authorities are active in solving the main tasks of the international network of biosphere reserves: the conservation of biological diversity, conducting of scientific research and monitoring, sustainable development and growth of well-being of the local population.
To perform the above mentioned tasks the following projects were realized on the territory of the biosphere reserve:
- The Project “Three Polesies – a common strategy of protection and ecological use of the natural heritage of Belarusian-Polish-Ukrainian borderland” in the framework of the Poland-Belarus-Ukraine Interreg III A/TACIS CBC neighbourhood program (financial donor – the European Union);
- The Project “Let’s preserve the nature together” (financial donor – GEF/SGP);
- The Project “Ecotourism is a chance of a balanced development of border areas” in the framework of the joint cross-border initiatives in Euroregion Bug program (a joint project of the Authorities of Byalski district, Brest district Council of deputies and Shatsk district Rada) (financial donor – Norwegian financial fund);
- The Project “Three Polesies – the joint development of Polish-Belarusian-Ukrainian borderland” in the framework of the joint cross-border initiatives in Euroregion Bug program (a joint project of the Authorities of Vlodavskiy district, Brest district Council of deputies and Shatsk district Rada) (financial donor – Norwegian financial fund);
- The Project “Biodiversity and climate change interactions learning from the West Polesie transboundary biosphere reserve” in the framework of UNESCO program, in the context of the Japanese Fund-in-Trust Project on Biodiversity and Climate Change Interactions Learning from the West Polesie Transboundary Biosphere Reserve (financial donor – Japanese Fund-in-Trust);
Download «Final report 2011»
- The Project “The school of Domachevo as the ecological center” in the framework of the program of financial support of the joint UNDP/EU no.00062795 “Sustainable development at the local level” project.